Our client is seeking a Junior Buyer
Supports engineering and general operations through the procurement of required goods and services. Works closely with the engineering and operations groups to determine appropriate solutions.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
• Research and source key suppliers based on price, quality, delivery, discount terms, service after sale, etc.
• Process requisitions, issue purchase orders and enter into the system
• Develop effective relationships with suppliers to facilitate business transactions
• Work closely with all departments to best determine the goods and services they will require, including making recommendations, researching new products and providing current information
• Follow up to ensure vendor and materials performance was satisfactory
• Establish and determine inventory levels to optimize inventory level/investment
• Negotiation skills
• Effective at building strong business relationships
• Team Player
• Oral and written communication skills
• Ability to prioritize and manage several tasks under tight deadlines
• Knowledge of MS Office Software with the ability to provide timely, accurate, and detailed reports to management when required
• Ability to read mechanical drawings
• Technical diploma or equivalent work experience in purchasing materials; mechanical, electrical, or controls field.